MOTY 2018 Rules
Welcome to our third annual Online Model Of The Year Contest! The following article will go over this year’s rules for the contest.
Who can enter the contest?
- Only registered members of www.scifiantasy.com can register and enter the contest.
- You can enter any scale, manufacturer or scratch-built kit.
- The work must be your own build. As, long as you built the kit, it may be entered in the contest. Meaning if it was a commission build and it sold you can still enter the build because it was your craftsmanship.
- If an entered kit is proven not to be built by the entrant the build will be disqualified.
- Each contestant can submit up to 5 models for this contest.
- All entries must fall into the science fiction or fantasy genres.
- If you have any questions about your entry please contact us here.
What do I have to provide SciFantasy for my submission?
- Photos must be in RAW Format (unedited)
- Photos must be on a clean background
- Photos should be clear
- Photos of the Front, Back, Both Sides, Top and Bottom and any other angles you want
- At least 5 photos of your entry must be submitted
- A small description of your build (scale, manufacturer, paint, etc.)
Remember this is an online photo contest where the judges will be making their decisions by your photos. If your entry photos do not meet the criteria outlined above we will ask you to resubmit better photos. We ask for the best photos to give each of the contestants the best chance for your model to place in the contest.
What are the entry dates for the contest?
You may enter your build from January 1, 2017, to December 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST.
When will the voting take place?
- This year’s voting will be for the Community Choice Award
- Voting will begin on January 1, 2018, and end on January 6, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
- The winners will be announced on January 7, 2018
How are votes cast?
- Voting will be done by the registered members of SciFiantasy
- Each registered member will be able to vote on their top choice for the Community Choice Award
- In the event of a tie, the tied entries will have a face-off vote to determine the winner
- Each voter will be able to vote on one build for the Community Choice Award
- Members should be registered by December 31, 2017, just in case they need any type of help.
- There will be 3 judges from the modeling community
- Judging will start on January 1, 2018, and will end on January 6, 2018
- The Model Of The Year Award will be announced on January 7, 2018
Categories and Awards
This year’s contest will be broken down into categories. Each category will have one winner for that category. From those winners, the Model Of The Year will be chosen.
The Categories are as follows;
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Figures up to 75mm
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Figures greater than 75mm
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Busts all sizes
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Ships and Vehicles all Scales
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Dioramas all scales
- Star Wars Ships and Vehicles all scales (Non-Illuminated)
- Star Wars Ships and Vehicles all scales (Illuminated)
- Star Trek Ships and Vehicles all scales (Non-Illuminated)
- Star Trek Ships and Vehicles all scales (Illuminated)
If there are not at least 5 individual members entered in one category by the end date of entries that category will be closed and not voted on or judged for this competition.
Model Of The Year – Crystal Tower Award
Category Winners Awards – Custom Glass Award
Community Choice Award – Star Light Crystal Award